The Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI) was established in 1960 under the Federation of Hong Kong Industries Ordinance (Cap. 321) to:
- Promote and foster the interests of Hong Kong’s industrial and business communities;
- Promote trade, investment, technological advancement, manpower development, and business opportunities in Hong Kong; and
- Represent the business’s views and advise the government on policies and legislation which affect business.
The Senior Manager reports to Director-General and performs the following duties:
- Oversee and manage the operation of the Division;
- Lead and monitor the work of policy and research to collect the views of FHKI leadership and members on issues pertaining to Hong Kong’s industrial and economic development;
- Maintain active communication with government officials in policy-related matters;
- Build and maintain close relationship with media, and oversee all press related activities, including arrangement of press conference, issuance of press releases, coordination of press interviews and media management at FHKI’s major events throughout the year;
- Ensure quality secretariat support to FHKI policy and related committees;
- Ensure quality PR support to FHKI leadership, including preparation of speeches and meeting briefs for corporate events, meetings and press interviews;
- Oversee the production of the FHKI quarterly magazine “Industrialist”; and
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects assigned by the management.
- Over 10 years of experience in management position with strong industrial economics background. Substantial knowledge of the economic and political environment in Hong Kong and Mainland China is required;
- University graduate majors in social sciences / journalism / law / political science with solid experience in corporate communication, policy studies and social or economic research / analytical work or equivalent. Master or doctoral degree in related discipline is an advantage;
- Strong media relationship is an advantage
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese;
- Proactive personality with positive thinking, ability to engage different stakeholders, strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with ability to work under pressure and tight timeline; and
- Occasional overseas travel is required.